The Volunteer Management Intern will work with the Phoenix Zoo’s Volunteer Management Team (VMT) to oversee the recruitment and facilitation of volunteers for multiple spring events. In addition, the intern in this position will learn all aspects involved in the administration of a large nonprofit volunteer program, including recruitment, applicant screening, interviewing, training, evaluating, and engagement of core volunteers.
1. Minimum 28 hours/week for 3 – 6 months.
2. Flexible scheduling available during operational hours (Mon-Sun; 7:00am-5:00pm).
3. Occasional evenings and weekends as required by related business needs.
1. Recruit, assign, and track event volunteer service.
2. Contact point for communications with event volunteers and corporate volunteer partners.
3. Coordinate volunteer hospitality suite during scheduled events; ensure event needs are met through appropriate allocation of available volunteer resources.
4. Create and maintain data files contained in an electronic volunteer database management system; prepare timely and accurate internal reports.
5. Assist with daily administration of programs, including answering phones, responding to emails, collaborating with interdepartmental partners, disseminating appropriate Zoo updates, maintenance of office space, and ongoing recognition of volunteer efforts.